Saturday 21 November, 2009

The Gospel of Dan Brown

What else can I say about a novel/priestly guide. I mean to say, The Lost Symbol is more of a caticism class and a novel to the least measure.
Dan Brown, while starting this novel, had a likely goal of having a fast moving storyline and had managed it well till halfway when the story telling morphed into preaching. I do not deny any points that Dan Brown has to say on Bible. As it happens to all great teachings, time and canonisation have eaten away the spirit, and the body case is being showcased, dressed in the attire of the day. But........ Mr Brown, dont you think that it would be wise on my part to buy a book on theology rather than your novel had I ever had any intention of going deep into the religion? A bad choice on my part I would say
I 've read Da Vinci Code. Missed Digital Fortress ( Dont regret ,says a friend). Watched Angels and Demons and now The Lost Symbol. As the last two happened in quick succession, I've only one concern. If this story is ever made into a film, the screenplay would require a genius and editing would require twice the same intelligence or the producers had to advice the filmgoers, first to read and then to watch.
One last doubt. This is literally the last of the so many doubts I had while reading the novel. Why is Peter Solomon packing up the day/night of hyperactivity of Tom Hanks errrr.... Professor Robert Langdon with one more adventure which can obviously wait. Was he going to have a cardiac arrest the next day or your publisher asked to CUT SHORT?
A mess up all and fix up all. Good Luck guys who plan to read.

No comments: